Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hey everyone! Hope your day is going well. We are enjoying the sun and about 105 degrees F. We are starting to get used to it though. I think that we are going to head to Freetown tomorrow so as to get some groceries. Little things like tuna fish and cheese make a big difference. I have been going to train under Binda still and I really have enjoyed getting to know her. She is a very hard worker and yet manages to enjoy every minute of every day. Some of you may remember little Mantene who was so badly burned that she almost died - well Binda is her mother. Mantene is doing very well, praise God - and is one of the most cheerful and pleasant children that you could hope to meet. Binda has been teaching me how to cook the African way. I have finally managed to learn to wash rice, which is much harder than it sounds. Hopefully I can start to cook plasas (sauce) soon. Everyday I am in awe of how hard these women work and how incredibly strong they are. Pray for me as I continue to build relationships. I hope to really listen to the women and their struggles so that I can make my health and bible teaching something that they can really use.

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you back... :) Abby is quite the photographer- keep those photos coming! Glad to hear all are well! Love you all and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates. We are missing you today! Hope the sauce cooking goes well. So inspired by you, my friend

    ReplyDelete