Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today Pastor Samba found a snake in the well, so he and his son were trying to kill it using a tree-trimming tool that is used to trim the fruit trees. My kids were so excited and were just dying to go see it. I had to laugh. Surely, the television generation does not have a real sense of what a snake can do. To those of us who have only seen snakes and wild animals on television, the idea of seeing one in real life sounds exciting, but the real experience is SO MUCH different than the virtual reality of television. I told them they could see it once it was dead and that the men trying to kill it really did not need a bunch of white "pikins" running around an open well in the ground to worry about as well. :)
Yesterday, Abby and I went up to watch her friend Esther get her hair "planted". That is the word that they use for the tiny braids they do in their hair. It was alot of fun. Esther's mother, Hawa, is a really neat lady and helped teach me some Limba greetings at the same time. We had a good time together. It is especially exciting because Hawa and her friend Namissa asked me what my role was going to be here at the Bible School. When I told them that I would be teaching Health, Wellness and Nutrition, they got very excited and told me that they want to be the first in line to learn because they feel it is very important. Praise God for thier desire to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I think Abby should get her hair "planted"! (If she does, be sure to post a picture!) I was glad to get on and see there were some updates...think about you all often!

    ReplyDelete