Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hey all! We went to Freetown and I was able to meet with the woman in charge of nursing registration. I turned in all of my forms, but it turns out there is also an interview - about what I am not sure (should I study???) So, I am waiting for them to call me to tell me when to come back to Freetown for the interview. In the meantime, we also applied for our alien registration, which was expensive, but necessary - and Dad has gone back down today to pick them up. This is difficult because it costs a great deal to go to Freetown. When we were on our way back up from our trip, we had car trouble and the engine kept overheating, then we lost our ability to shift into first or second gear. It made for a long trip. The kids did a really good job being patient, since what would be a five or six hour trip on a good day extended into a ten hour trip with no lunch and no supper except some peanuts. Needless to say, we were all glad to get home safely. Little 11-year old Kumba is sick today with fever and stomach pain. It turns out she has been sick for a week now. I am trying to talk them into going to the hospital. Hopefully they will, since this has gone on a long time and she is dehydrated. I have her taking ORS, but am trying to impress on them that it is a temporary fix, not a solution. The cost of health treatment can put a big strain on a family, so it is hard all the way around. Keep her in your prayers.

1 comment: