Sunday, April 10, 2011

I have the best news!!!! I have been waiting these five months for a chance to get my medical license so as to be able to practice here. It has been so hard to see so many problems that I know that I could help with and yet I have my hands tied. Well, I finally was able, through the help of Rev. Samson (the school principal) to make contact with the government hospital several miles away. They were very encouraging and anxious for me to begin practicing. Through them I was able to get the information about who to contact in order to be registered. The gentleman who helped us meet with those in charge of the hospital, just happens to be best friends with someone who works in the nursing registration office. He has volunteered to go down to Freetown with us and to accompany us to the office there. This type of things goes a long way in facilitation of licensing. Praise God! The sister in charge of clinics in the area is going to come out to the Bible School on Wednesday and see the room that we have allotted and make her recommendations as they want me to also be an administrator of the immunizations for the underfives program. The country is trying very hard to meet the 90% goal for immunizations. I got home from that meeting and found out that one of the missionaries with another organization had networked with a friend who used to work with Mercy Ships. Mercy Ships had contacted her for recommendations of contacts inland with which they could connect to do so land based clinics. This other woman recommended me, so I will be contacting them here as soon as possible. Boy, when God is ready to move, you better hang on for the ride. I am excited and scared as there is no safety net and I am in uncharted waters. Pray and praise God for what he is doing. Missing you all and hope you are well.

2 comments:

  1. Faith and family! So good to read your blogs...and to see God's provisions for you all carried out in so many little details that line up perfectly to make your story complete!

    You are all so very busy and it sounds like things are starting to pop for you! I love hearing every single thing.

    This is what you were born for...and trained all these months. NOW you see the fruits of your labor.

    Couldn't be happier for all of you!

    Do hope you get refrigeration soon...and the big mice find another spot to call home.

    Love the blogs...and praying ever more and ever differently for you all! Love pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith...here you are! And here I am a world away, but our spirits touching! Just a note to encourage you to keep putting one foot ahead of the other...you are walking out the path, dusty as it may be, on the way to THERE! Love you Faith!!

    ReplyDelete