Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yesterday Dad and Clare left to return to the good ol' USA. Roy took them to the airport, so he will be back sometime today, if God gree... (That is a statement in Krio that is used whenever plans are discussed. I find the straight forward acknowledgement of God's plan to be so cool) Anyway, the kids are doing better than I thought, but it has still been a little of a sad day. We are not sure when they will be back, or if they will be back. However, we have to learn to be missionaries all by ourselves now. Roy and I had thought that we would be in the middle of teaching the next semesters classes right now, but as that plan has changed, we are looking at walking out to some nearby villages a couple of nights a week to some evangelism. Please pray for us that we will have God's leading in this. The rainy season makes this a little hard to plan as it tends to rain in the evenings and people are on their farms during the day. Abby has been going to help her friend Esther on their family farm. She really enjoys it and comes back so covered in dirt that you would think she was an African. She is a hard worker and is building some really good friendships. Seth's rash is improving, although he is still itchy about once a day. However, he does not seem to breaking out with any more. Caleb is doing well adjusting to things as well and he and Seth are thoroughly enjoying the abundance of mangoes this season. In fact, I often have to pull them up short on the consumption thereof - as diarrhea can be a direct result. ( But Mom, I've only had five and it's already lunch time... I'll still eat my supper, I promise...) I have been so blessed by my friendships here and the way that so many of the people here have stopped in to check on me and make sure that the kids and I don't need anything. Such kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment