Saturday, July 9, 2011

Abby and I returned from Freetown on Wed. We really praise God for safe travels and no car trouble on the way. We are REALLY thankful for some good friends who generously shared their hospitality with us while we were there. Richard and Paula Miller are missionaries who, while not new to Sierra Leone, have newly joined Ripe For Harvest. Have you ever met someone and felt that you had been friends with them for a long time already. Well, Richard and Paula are those kind of people. They are a gift from God - for sure and to top it off, they have two adorable girls who are such a blessing to Abby. Abby had a great time playing and relaxing with them for the time that we were in Freetown. What a blessing! Richard and Paula, and their daughters Faith and Grace, are using Bible storytelling to spread God's Word, with much the same vision as we have. Please add them to your prayer list - they are part of our team and could use your prayers.
Well, about my interview, I think it went well. The questions that arose were in regards to what type of work I want to do, why I want to do it here, and how I intend to work with structures already in place. The review board had some good insights, and will discuss together, after interviewing me. Next week I am to call them to see if I have been approved, and if so, to get my registration number. When I go to Freetown the next time, I am to go have my picture taken for an identification license. Please continue to pray, but I am encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment