Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Banana Blessings

Several weeks ago we bought a large stalk of bananas that were still green. The kids were dying to have bananas since it had been a while and were very frustrated and impatient. Even to me and the people here who are very accustomed to bananas and their rate of maturing, it seemed extremely slow. Now, just as Roy is getting better and I have another woman I am caring for how has been very sick and unable to eat, the bananas are ripening daily and to perfection... in fact, they are some of the best ones that we have had since we have been here, and that is saying something.
I am so grateful because banana and homemade bread are about the only things he can eat as of yet - God's timing truly is perfect. So often I am impatient and feel that He is taking too long. In my selfish viewpoint, I have the perfect idea of when things should happen ( which is usually right now) and perceive that God has let me down when He doesn't do things when I expect. And then, in the true perfection of God's will, all things come to "fruition" and ripen at the right time for the need. Why was I impatient again??? :) I have a funny feeling that the bananas are not going to run out until the need does.

2 comments: