Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, in the last half hour I have had 5 medical cases on my front porch, only one of which is simple. While I enjoy being challenged, I often struggle with feeling completely inadequate for the task at hand. One of these such cases is a girl named Mantene who is now 10 years old, but has the size of a 7-8 year-old. According to her family, she has had trouble with periodic bouts of fever and abdominal pain, along with continual abdominal distension ever since she started eating solid food. These bouts happen every few weeks. She is presently on my porch, and she seems on the verge of tears. It breaks my heart that any child should suffer with ongoing pain like this, but her parents have taken her to several hospitals and have not recieved any answers. I am trying to help, but have no lab, no medicines (except motrin and peptobismol) and my only reference books are "Where There Is No Doctor" ( not enough info for this) and "Manson's Tropical Diseases" (too much info). Lord - HELP!!!!
Roy is feeling better, but still tires quickly. The kids are all healthy - for that I am SO grateful!
More than that, we serve a God who CAN! - and I am so grateful that none of this is about me, or what I can or can"t do - it is all about HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment