Thursday, November 10, 2011

I have really been wondering whether or not I am getting through. I teach the Bible School students from 11:00 to 2:00 each day and they have not been all that responsive. If I LIKED to hear myself talk, that would not be a problem...but, I teach with more of a Socratic method...you know, a line of questioning (somewhat like a 2-year-old) that leads the student to think for themselves. I also try to get them to discuss as much as possible. In short, unresponsive students make me nervous. I think it is also because, teaching cross-culturally, I depend on the feedback to know that they understand.
I found out yesterday that they ARE hearing me. WHEW!!! The students each take a turn either leading the worship or preaching. Yesterday was our Wednesday night service, and the worship leader referred to Job ( which we are covering in our English class) as someone who praised God even in his trials. The preacher took his sermon from the book of Job, chapter one, and did a fabulous job covering the concepts we discussed in class. Isn't God good! I didn't want to teach this class. I came here planning on setting up a clinic, and instead, ended up teaching...WITHOUT any curriculum or books. I said no at first because I didn't see how I could possibly teach the students AND my kids. Now I am teaching 7 classes for the Bible School, none of which have a textbook or curriculum, AND I am teaching my own three children...without a curriculum.
I can honestly witness to the fact that GOD CAN! Whatever you are facing today, no matter how impossible it seems... you think you can't do it! Well, YOU probably can't. BUT, I personally promise... GOD CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment