Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Crutch Maker


One of the young students (Joseph), came asking for a job so that he could have money to eat. Around the time Mr. Y.Y. wounded his leg and needed a crutch, one of the young students (Joseph), came asking for a job so that he could have money to eat. In order to give him a job, I worked with Joseph and showed him how to fashion an adjustable crutch using straight sticks, cut from trees, and old inner tubes, cut into strips. He did a fantastic job, so I commisioned him to make another of the same size and one that was a child's size to have on hand. He went to work and returned later on with a beautifully made crutch. I was so impressed with his desire to go above and beyond (he had even stripped the bark off the sticks to make them smooth and found a lightweight wood so that it would not be so heavy) He is now my "Official Crutch Maker". You should have seen his smile when I told him that... ear to ear!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment