Thursday, October 27, 2011

Well now I am in trouble. I know that it is a most basic thing for those who wear eye-glassesto just simply keep them on the face, and there is no problem. Oh but for me there is a problem, in the process of getting older ( uh oh, did I actually just admit that ???) I am starting to notice that although I am near-sighted, sometimes I need to remove my glasses for things that are close. Yes, I know... but I refuse to admit to the bi-f... word! So, I simply take them off when I am reading, etc. Now I have lost them. We all lose our glasses from time to time... but this is a little more challenging. It is 9:30 at night - so any looking I do is by candle light or flashlight. Roy is gone to Freetown, so I can't ask him to help. The kids are all in bed. In addition to that, I still have to go outside for hot water for my shower, and am a little leery that in my near-sighted condition, I will not see a snake before he sees me. Oh well... as they say here... "How for do". I know that it is a little thing, but it is just one of the ways that little things are just a little more "interesting" here. On the upside, I get to be warm while I am blind! :) Is there such a thing as a solar-charged tracking device for glasses???

No comments:

Post a Comment