Monday, October 24, 2011

School is officially back in session!!! It has been difficult waiting these past few months, not sure where God was leading. But now, we are beginning to see how He was bringing everything together. We are so pleased that the school can begin to go forward again. It is going to be interesting and challenging. Roy teaches everyday, all day, with only an hour off on four of the five days, and none on the fifth day. I am perpetually impressed with my knowledgeable and versatile husband. He is teaching such courses as Church History, Mathematics, and New Testament Greek... along with many others. This is going to be a family effort, as the kids are going to have to learn to be even more self directed with home-school, I am going to have to do a lot of prep work for home-school (since I don't have my curriculum, I also don't have any workbooks) so that they have work to be self-directed with. Wish us luck!!! :)
Today, when I headed up to class, I left them with their math homework and also with an assignment to write a short poem on a subject of their own choosing. Seth included a Krio phrase in his. When I told him that he had done well and that I though it was neat that he had included Krio... he responded with "What? That isn't English?" I am not sure if that means that he is acclimating well, or that I am doing a really poor job teaching English to him!!! :)
At any rate, these months of waiting for God's direction have taught me a lot of things that I HOPE I can hold on to. One of them is that if we don't try to "facilitate" things along and wait, in peace, with readiness, for God's perfect timing - He really can do so much more than we can possibly ask or imagine. Secondly - Bad days are just blessings that haven't bloomed yet. Thirdly, sometimes the most important things we do are the ones that we do on the way to where we are going, i.e. the interruptions, the distractions, can be the most important tasks that God had in mind for you to do today. I don't know if you have ever struggled with these ideas, but I sure have. I am going to add this to my long list of things I REALLY hope I can remember tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment